COVID-19: Psychological Impact, Wellbeing and Mental Health
We are delighted to announce Maudsley Learning has collaborated with The Tavistock and Portman NHS foundation trust to create an online mental health course on the FutureLearn platform with the aim to help participants identify the factors specific to Covid-19 that impact our well-being and mental health – at an individual, group and societal level.
Click here to take the free course
The coronavirus pandemic is placing unprecedented mental strain on people around the world. You may be caring for someone vulnerable, struggling with finances, at risk yourself, or even grieving a loved one. All our lives have been affected.
On this course, participants will learn helpful strategies and advice on how to deal with the anxiety and uncertainty of Covid-19, cope with its challenges, and ultimately prepare for life after the coronavirus.
Who is the course for?
This course would be useful for the general public as it considers the issues from a wide range of perspectives. It would benefit mental healthcare service users, carers, families, and health and social care workers, in addition to anyone else impacted by the coronavirus across society. It has a special focus on healthcare workforce issues.
What topics will we cover?
- Week 1: The Psychological Impact of Covid-19
- Week 2: Steps to Take to Cope with Covid-19
- Week 3: What happens after Covid-19? Preparing for Life after the outbreak
When can you start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more about FutureLearn online courses here.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of Covid-19 on wellbeing and mental health in society
- Develop knowledge of the impact of Covid-19 on me and those around me
- Improve ability to apply knowledge around managing my own wellbeing and mental health during Covid-19
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of Covid-19 on my support network, work colleagues and local community
- Engage with peers to create learning opportunities with others interested in mental health and Covid-19
- Reflect on the experiences of others regarding Covid-19
Click here to go to take the free mental health course
Join the conversation on social media
You can use the hashtag #Covid19ImpactTPML to talk about this course on social media.
An Introduction to the course by Dr Sean Cross and Dr Brian Rock.