National Conference on Psychosis Prevention
We are happy to invite you to attend the 1st Annual Network Conference on Psychosis Prevention, to take place on the 28th of February 2023, from 10:30 to 16:00hs, at Bush House (Strand Campus, King’s College London).
The event is jointly organised by Maudsley Learning, King’s College London University, and the Outreach and Support in South London (OASIS) team at South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust. The conference will take place in the context of a nation-wide training programme in the use of the Comprehensive Assessment of at-Risk Mental States (CAARMS), commissioned by NHS England.
The event will include talks from leading experts in the field of psychosis risk and prevention, including clinicians, researchers, and experts by experience. In addition, there will be opportunities for networking and sharing of real-world experiences with practitioners from clinical services across England.
The conference will address the following topics:
- Prevention of psychosis at SLaM
- Prevention of psychosis at OASIS and worldwide: achievements and challenges
- Neurobiological and cognitive markers of psychosis risk
- Innovative preventive treatments for psychosis
- How to set up and manage an NHS service to prevent psychosis
- The expert by experience perspective
- Paolo Fusar-Poli, King’s College London & Outreach, and Support in South London (OASIS) NHS service
- Philip McGuire, University of Oxford
- Sarah Cornick, South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust
- Nozomi Akamura, South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust
- Thomas Spencer, King’s College London & Outreach and Support in South London (OASIS) NHS service
- Sunil Nandha, Outreach and Support in South London (OASIS) NHS service
- Mathew Kempton, King’s College London
- Laura Russell, Outreach and Support in South London (OASIS) NHS service
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.