Sirens Call – SWASFT Student Paramedic Simulation
This one-day course will allow participants to be involved in a series of simulated scenarios focusing on the assessment and management of a variety of common mental health presentations including deliberate self-harm, suicidality, emotionally unstable personality disorder, dementia, alcohol dependence and psychosis.
It provides a platform to build on confidence and skills necessary to engage and support people presenting with symptoms of mental illness, who are in need of emergency services, and includes commonly experienced challenges for ambulance staff, such as difficult relatives, safeguarding, and diagnostic overshadowing.
- Greater awareness of common mental health conditions experienced by young people, adults, and older adults.
- Improved knowledge and confidence around risk assessment and management for service users with mental health needs
- Greater knowledge, understanding and recognition of how a range of mental health disorders may present in crisis and improve awareness of the underpinning legislation which supports care pathways
- Improved confidence in effective communication, with patients, and their families or wider networks.
- Understanding of the role of non-technical skills in the management of people with mental health conditions
- Increased awareness around when to make referrals and work collaboratively with other agencies
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.