This five-day series of courses for psychiatrists examines the latest research on the prevention and treatment of various mental health conditions, concluding with a Q&A session.
Experts from South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neurosciences will lead the course and answer questions.
Among the topics will be the better management of sleep disorders in patients with serious mental illness and latest updates on substance abuse.
- Management of difficult-to-treat psychosis (Drs Fiona Gaughran, Suki Shergill)
- Sleep medicine update for psychiatrists
- Latest updates on substance misuse and dependence (including alcohol and tobacco dependence)
- New and emerging treatments in psychiatry (including triple chronotherapy, behavioural activation, and nutritional approaches for difficult-to-treat depression)
- Latest research into using psychedelics for the treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Treatment resistant depression and bipolar disorder
- Management of patients with difficult-to-treat mood disorders
- Advanced pharmacological treatment for mood disorders: ketamine and esketamine.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the latest research on a range of specialist topics in psychiatry
- Identify evidence-based approaches for management of complex psychiatric conditions
- Optimise management of sleep disorders in patients, including those with serious mental illness
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.