Working in inpatient CAMHS: The challenges and effective ways forward
This free course for south east London CAMHS staff provides an overview of mental health problems prevalent within our inpatient CAMHS wards - and effective approaches to intervention.
It will increase your understanding of some of the issues and dilemmas that arise in complex cases and give you an awareness of which approaches work well with young people in these settings. Art psychotherapy, medico-legal aspects, reducing restrictive practice and applying a CBT will all be discussed.
If you work in or refer into inpatient CAMHS in south-east London and would like to improve your understanding of work in this area, we encourage you to join the course.
The following topics will be covered:
- Using DBT approaches within inpatient CAMHS
- The role and application of effective family interventions within inpatient CAMHS
- How to adapt and apply a CBT and a Family Intervention model to work with adolescents experiencing a spectrum of symptoms from Psychotic Like Experiences to psychosis
- The role and application of Art Psychotherapy approaches within inpatient CAMHS
- Understanding medico-legal aspects of inpatient CAMHS work
- Examples of effective Quality Improvement projects within inpatient CAMHS such as reducing restrictive practice.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and address the issues and dilemmas that arise within inpatient CAMHS settings
- Describe the range of evidence-based therapies offered within inpatient CAMHS
- Understand some of the medico-legal aspects of work in this area
- Have an overview of some high quality examples of Quality Improvement projects within inpatient CAMHS.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.