Wellbeing in action bitesize modules
This series of Masterclasses are aimed at all GPs, healthcare professionals, and social prescribers working in primary care.
Breaking the concept of wellbeing into key components, we will use motivational interviewing techniques to enhance skills in promoting good mental health, harnessing strengths and resilience, identifying when patients are at risk, and accessing appropriate support. Teaching is based on the discussion of cases.
The modules are intended to complement each other and it would be recommended participants attend as many as possible.
1. 08/06 Introduction to Wellbeing as a concept and idea of 5 ways to wellbeing & Be Active: How to ask about wellbeing & motivate people when there are resistance/ Wellbeing interventions related to physical health.
2. 15/06 Take Notice: Discussion around wellbeing and work and the impact of each on the other/ Mindfulness and sleep hygiene
3. 22/06 Connect: Discussion around connecting, social isolation, and Domestic Violence and Abuse/ Wellbeing plans
4. 29/06 Learn: Introduction to cognitive impairment and interface with mood difficulties/ Using MI to motivate engagement with Wellbeing Plans
5. 06/07 Give: Drivers for agitation; verbal de-escalation; risk assessment/ Wellbeing of professionals/ Discussion around peer support
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.