Perinatal mental health for midwives, health visitors, and family nurses
This one-day masterclass is designed for non-mental healthcare professionals who work with women suffering perinatal mental health problems and wish to improve their ability to identify, assess and manage these conditions.
It has become increasingly important for healthcare professionals who care for pregnant and postnatal women across their perinatal journey to increase their knowledge of mental health in the perinatal period. Being able to assess risk and make appropriate referrals are two important skills covered in the course.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the common and important mental health difficulties occurring during the perinatal period
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of common and important perinatal mental health problems
- Ask about and explore their clients’ mental health
- Assess for risk in the perinatal period
- Make referrals confidently and appropriately, utilising available clinical pathways.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.