Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Nursing Undergrad Simulation
We are very excited to offer, for the first time, a Clinical Simulation Session, designed by Maudsley Learning, the UK’s leading mental health simulation training centre. This is a full-day simulation course designed for final year nursing students in placement with Maidstone and Tunbridge wells. The course is aimed at introducing a bespoke context to develop clinically relevant skills, knowledge, and experience, complementing strategically the range of clinical placements opportunities required by the nurses training curriculum.
At the end of the course, participants will have increased knowledge and confidence in applying a range of skills including assessment and management of risk, keeping personal and professional boundaries, teamwork and professional collaboration, effective de-escalation skills and most importantly the role of human factors on delivering effective care to patients in a range of clinical settings.
The course will involve a series of simulated clinical encounters with patients played by professionally trained actors. Each scenario will be followed by a structured debrief chaired by experienced simulation facilitators. The debrief will be an opportunity for reflection on these skills and the associated clinical themes and challenges presented by working in a range of clinical setting.
Due to the impact of the current pandemic, the clinical simulation course will be held fully online. However, we will be following the COVID-19 developments closely, providing timely updates on the planned mode of delivery.
The course is fully optional, it will be advertised and offered to all final year nursing students across the diverse clinical settings within Maidstone and Tunbridge wells.
• Be aware of the Calm-Relate-Manage approach to de-escalation
• Have increased confidence and skills in using CRM to help de-escalate a variety of situations
• Have increased awareness and knowledge of a range of interpersonal skills in relation to de-escalation and reducing restrictive practices.
• Have improve skills and confidence in the recognition of and response to those living with domestic abuse
• Have improved skills to consider risk and develop skills in risk assessment
• Have a better understanding of domestic abuse referral pathways
• Be able foster collaboration between colleagues across the multi-disciplinary team and enhance information sharing
• Be able to Manage professional and personal boundaries with patients
• Understand the role of human factors in delivery effective care to patients
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.