Introduction to supporting mental health and mental wellbeing of adults with a learning disability
Delivered by the Estia Centre, a City & Guilds Assured provider, this course aims to provide participants with an understanding of the mental health needs of adults with a learning disability and how to promote wellbeing.
The course covers:
- What is mental health?
- Vulnerability factors.
- Mental health problems in people with a learning disability - prevalence and presentation.
- Assessment of mental health problems in people with a learning disability.
- Professional roles and local services.
- Mental Health Act and other legislation/frameworks.
- Interventions for mental health.
- What staff can do to support someone with a learning disability and mental health problem.
- Know what mental health and mental wellbeing are.
- Understand why adults with a learning disability are more likely to develop mental health problems.
- Be able to actively promote mental wellbeing when supporting people with a learning disability
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.