Creating a mental health friendly school
This day-long conference is for teachers in leadership roles, senior mental health leads and any school staff interested in creating more 'mental health-friendly' schools.
A series of talks and workshops will cover topics such as managing challenging behaviour, teacher wellbeing, interpreting government policy and working effectively with parents.
Lunch will be provided and delegates can choose to attend three workshops from the day's schedule.
The conference is a collaboration between St Mary’s University and Maudsley Learning and was set up in response to a 2017 Green Paper published by Public Health England & Ofsted.
Explore our full range of mental health training for school staff to discover more.
This conference blends practical workshop sessions with discussions around best practice and strategies for improving the lives of young people with mental health issues, their families and teachers.
Keynote speeches book-ending the day will address government, Public Health England and Ofsted guidance on improving young people’s mental health at school.
Either side of the catered lunch a series of workshops addressing specific aspects of school approaches to mental health will allow delegates to choose their three most relevant sessions to attend.
1. Emotionally Informed Learning
2. Teacher wellbeing: Research, pragmatism and practice
3. Peer coaching for teacher wellbeing
4. Developing a mental health and wellbeing package for delivery by sixth form teachers
5. Managing challenging behaviour in the classroom
6. Working effectively with parents to meet children’s needs
7. Measurements of pupil wellbeing: the promises and pitfalls of automated survey approaches using mobile devices
8. Case study: Managing complex mental health problems in a mainstream school setting – a multi-systems collaboration
9. Teaching healthy minds in schools
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for your department, directorate, or whole hospital. We can complete this independently or by working collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learners' progress and we produce a full report looking at the wider impact of training, using a range of proven assessment methods.