CAMHS Crisis Simulation Training (Nottingham)
This is a one-day, online, multi-professional course aimed at mental health practitioners who are working in CAMHS and wish to gain more experience in crisis work, including mental health nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, junior doctors, occupational therapists, and other allied professionals.
CAMHS crisis teams work with children and young people who are experiencing significant mental health difficulties. They are able to offer intensive and frequent (often daily) support either in a clinic or home environment.
This is a highly interactive small group training where you will participate in short simulated scenarios, interacting live with our simulated patients. Each simulated scenario is followed by a group debrief led by our experienced facilitators.
The training is for mental health nurses, social workers, psychiatrists, junior doctors, occupational therapists and other allied professionals. It will help you:
- Feel more confident in the engagement, assessment and management of children and young people who come under the care of the crisis team
- Have the opportunity to discuss holistic and longitudinal formulations for complex patients
- Consider how to deliver structured home treatment packages for children and young people.
Aims for participants:
- To feel more confident in the engagement, assessment, and management of children and young people who require crisis service intervention.
- To have the opportunity to discuss holistic and longitudinal formulations for complex patients
- To consider how to deliver structured home treatment packages for children and young people
After completing this course those attending will gain knowledge, understanding, and confidence in:
- Engaging and communicating with young people who are in crisis
- Engaging with young people who lack insight or are not help-seeking
- Working with families and carers in difficult circumstances
- Working effectively with young people who are frequent users of services
- Specific considerations when working with looked after children
- Appreciating the perspective of children/young people and families and the patient experience
- Assessment and management of common presentations including OCD, depression, and emerging EUPD
- Formulating risk assessments and safety management plans including when addressing complex or high risks in the community.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.