Skills for Health Conversations - Masterclass
This course uses motivational interviewing techniques to explore ways patients can best respond to health change conversations. This two-day course comprises a Masterclass day and a simulation day. Delegates are expected to book both days separately. Once delegates booked this masterclass, they will get a PIN number and instructions via email to book the simulation day.
Day One - Skills Day – interactive day to learn how to use motivational interviewing techniques when talking to patients about health change.
- Understand key principles of motivational interviewing
- Develop and practice basic skills seen in motivational interview
- Practice ways of asking questions and speaking with clients to bring about behavioural change
- Recognise where a person is in the circle of change
Day Two - we aim to have focussed health conversations with simulated patients who have complex health issues and underlying mental health conditions.
Practice the skills on day one with simulated patients covering topics such as:
- Managing diabetes/medication compliance
- Cardiovascular Disease/weight management
- Sexual Health
- Smoking cessation conversation
Identify clients that aren’t ready to make changes but deliver effective alternative interventions.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.