Practising psychatric competencies
This is an online, half-day simulation session providing best practice approaches for completing routine psychiatry tasks, plus soft skills development through effective teamworking and communication.
Led by two experienced faculty staff, the course features three 'patients' in five simulated scenarios and video sessions, with a pre- and post-course evaluation. It is run as a half-day session in the morning or afternoon and you can sign in from home via our learning platform.
It aims to refresh your knowledge and skills in these areas:
- Taking a psychiatric history, conducting a risk assessment, generating a holistic patient formulation, and performing a mental state examination in common mental disorders
- Management of common mental disorders
- The overlap of mental and physical health problems - and how to deal with the two together
- How to verbally de-escalate challenging situations more effectively
- How to apply the Mental Capacity and Mental Health Acts
- The dynamics within a consultation and the factors that might impact on them
- Your soft skills such as team working and communicating with colleagues.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.