Mental Wellbeing update for Pharmacists: Simulation
A free, one-day, simulation-based course focusing on promoting mental health and wellbeing in patients seen by community pharmacists.
The course aims to be a high-fidelity, immersive session to develop confidence and skills in recognising mental distress and promoting wellbeing, help patients reduce their risks of developing mental illness, and understand related issues such as self-harm, stress, and sleep problems. The course is specifically for pharmacists working in primary care. You will increase skills and confidence in promoting well-being for individuals with long-term mental health conditions, co-morbid mental and physical health issues, and those generally experiencing mental distress for any reason.
The programme aims to provide added value by targeting and supporting the community pharmacy group within the primary care workforce. This training is open to Pharmacists in London, Surrey, Sussex, and Kent and funded by Health Education England’
- core concepts of mental wellbeing
- sleep difficulties
- deliberate self-harm
- heightened emotions
- eating issues
- motivation to address health concerns
- work-related stress substance misuse
- health anxiety
- Experience increased confidence in recognising and exploring various signs of reduced well-being and mental health needs
- Understand further how reduced well-being interplays with the early onset of a number of mental health issues, and on which levels intervention can occur
- Experience increased confidence and confidence to support people to improve well-being, including knowledge of where to signpost people for further mental well-being support
- Learn how to consider the systems around a patient in more depth, and how to harness these positively if required
- How to assess risk and seek appropriate support
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.