Mental health update for Pharmacists: Masterclass
A free, one-day, masterclass for community pharmacists. This course covers core skills in psychiatric assessment and management, referral pathways, and updates on the latest evidence-based treatments. It aims to develop your confidence in providing the best possible care for your patients.
The programme aims to provide added value by targeting and supporting the community pharmacy group within the primary care workforce. This training is open to Pharmacists in London, Surrey, Sussex, and Kent and funded by Health Education England
After taking this course, participants will have:
- Refreshed knowledge on a range of mental health disorders including anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, ADHD, bipolar affective disorder and schizophrenia.
- Enhanced knowledge of personality disorders and how these interact with the mental health disorders above.
- Increased knowledge about the latest range of evidence-based pharmacological and psychological therapies used to treat and manage common disorders.
- Increased confidence in being able to help patients navigate pathways between primary care, IAPT, acute trusts, and secondary mental healthcare services.
- An introduction to promoting mental wellbeing in patients.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.