Managing challenging clinical situations for clinical support workers (bands 2-4)
This full-day simulation course is tailored for Clinical Support Workers aiming to enhance their proficiency in de-escalating challenging situations commonly encountered in clinical practice. The course encompasses four diverse scenarios, each focused on the development of crucial skills, including:
- Strengthening Listening, Problem Solving, and Communication Skills.
- Gaining confidence in de-escalation techniques and mitigating the impact of potential flashpoints and triggers.
- Practicing effective handover skills for seamless information transfer.
- Delivering sensitive news with empathy and professionalism.
- Collaborating effectively with families and caregivers to provide holistic care.
- Understanding the significance of human factors and non-technical skills, such as situational awareness and leadership, in clinical practice.
Upon completing this course, participants will:
- Enhance their active listening, problem-solving, and communication skills to effectively navigate challenging clinical situations.
- Develop the confidence and competence to de-escalate tensions and minimize the impact of common triggers and flashpoints in clinical settings.
- Master the art of proficient handover techniques to ensure accurate and efficient information exchange among healthcare professionals.
- Acquire the skills and sensitivity necessary for delivering difficult news to patients and their families.
- Strengthen their ability to collaborate with families and caregivers, fostering a supportive and inclusive healthcare environment.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of human factors and non-technical skills, enabling them to employ situational awareness and effective leadership within clinical teams for improved patient outcomes.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.