Level 3: Putting Mind & Body skills into practice (for adults)
This is a half-day multi-professional course aimed at secondary care clinical staff working in the adult physical health setting and/or psychiatric setting.
It is primarily focused on the management of adults with physical and mental health co-morbidity.
Participants will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using professionally trained actors. Debriefing models will be employed to give feedback to participants on their contribution and assist them to learn positively and constructively from the experience.
After completing this course those attending will:
• Have improved confidence, knowledge and skills in the engagement with and management of adults with physical and mental co-morbidity.
• Understand the role of good quality communication when working with these patients.
• Have a greater understanding of the stigma faced by patients with mental health diagnoses.
• Understand the roles and responsibilities of clinical staff when managing incidents.
• Have increased awareness and knowledge of a range of interpersonal skills in relation to de-escalation.
• Be able to understand the role non-technical skills, e.g. situational awareness, leadership, team working, play in the management of adults with physical and mental healthcare co-morbidity.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.