Level 3: Putting Mind & Body Skills into Practice (CYP)
This is a half-day multi-professional course aimed at secondary care clinical staff working with children and young people in physical or mental health settings.
It is primarily focused on the management of children and young people with physical and mental health co-morbidity.
Participants will be involved in a series of simulated scenarios using professionally trained actors.
Debriefing models will be employed to give feedback to participants on their contribution and assist them to learn positively and constructively from the experience.
• To gain an understanding of the overlap between physical and mental health.
• To understand the wider determinants of health and well-being (take a biopsychosocial approach).
• To gain skills and confidence in gathering information through history taking (including collateral histories) and risk assessment.
• To gain skills and confidence in managing challenging clinical situations involving interacting physical and psychological needs within the wider social context (eg parental mental health, safeguarding concerns).
• To gain an understanding of how different services need to work together to support the health and wellbeing of children, young people, and their families.
• To improve a range of interpersonal skills including communication, teamwork & problem solving.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.