Children and Young People Autism Train the Trainer Programme experts by experience
This course is designed to equip autistic adults to co-deliver and co-facilitate training for health staff in understanding and supporting autistic people. You will understand what topics are in the training and why the training is delivered. You will understand how the course will help health staff to support autistic people in their services better.
This course will help to build your confidence in delivering training and speaking to groups of people. It will help you to know how to manage students in the classroom and what to do if students become difficult or ask a question that you can’t answer at the time. You will learn some ways of encouraging the students to share ideas and experiences from their work in supporting autistic people. You will understand why you have been invited to co-facilitate this training. You will get ideas of how you can contribute to student’s learning. You will understand different ways you can co-facilitate and different ways you can share your experience of autism.
You will understand how your experiences will help health staff in their work with autistic people. You will get the opportunity to practice these skills.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Overview of the Children and young people’e autism training course for inpatient staff
- What is involved in co-delivery of training with clinicians
- Importance of work ethics and commitments e.g. time keeping
- Tips on speaking to groups of people
- Tips on getting learners to share ideas and experiences with others
- Skills involved in training delivery (managing classroom conflicts, difficult questions etc.)
- Different ways autistic people can get involved in co-facilitation
1. Have knowledge of the CYP autism train the trainer programme, its importance and plan for delivery.
2. Have greater confidence and skills in delivering training
3. Have greater confidence in managing difficult classroom dynamics
4. Have greater confidence in answering difficult questions
5. Have a wider understanding of the skills they bring as an expert by experience when delivering training.
Contact us for bulk booking discounts on group bookings of more than 5.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirements and develop a proposal.
Let our team complete a full Training Needs Analysis for a department, directorate, or the whole hospital! We can work to complete this ourselves or work collaboratively with your own staff. Our standard outcome measures assess learner progress and produce a full report looking at wider impact of training using a range of tested assessment methodologies.