CAMHS Developmental Trauma Course
A two day, blended learning course for clinical professionals working in the community Child and Adolescent Mental Health Sector, composed of interactive teaching and immersive simulation scenarios, designed to develop their confidence, knowledge and skill in eliciting and managing the history and effects of trauma in young people.
To gain increased confidence, knowledge, and skill in:
- The recognition of different types of developmental trauma within a consultation with a young person
- Taking a trauma informed history
- Managing the effects of trauma within a consultation, and beyond
- Signposting to and working collaboratively with associated services in relation to trauma
- Recognizing and addressing vicarious trauma
- Recognizing and addressing intergenerational trauma
- Managing the effects of trauma on professionals, including how to prevent and address consequences such as compassion fatigue and burnout
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.