Advanced choice document
For participants to be able to understand, co-produce and implement advanced choice documents.
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
By the end of this course, participants (service users, carers, and healthcare professionals) should be able to:
- Explain what an advanced choice statement is to others
- Describe who can and should be involved in making one, and their respective roles
- Engage and empower other individuals, including reluctant ones, in the process of making an advanced statement
- Confidently complete an advanced choice statement, using the available template
- Take an approach to complete advanced choice statements that are trauma informed, and values the protected characteristics, cultural, and spiritual background of the person to whom it relates
- Implement a model of decision-making that is truly shared between service users, carers, and healthcare professionals, when making advanced choice statements
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Please contact us for more information. Maudsley Learning has a full range of courses to meet the needs of your organisation. Most can be delivered to you flexibly and tailored to your requirements.
We are able to offer custom-made programs, whether digital or face to face, to meet the education and training needs of your organisation in the UK or internationally.
We value research and knowledge-sharing and will continue to contribute to the literature base on mental health education, addressing important research questions in this exciting field.