This multi-professional one-day course will allow participants to be involved in a series of simulated risk assessments using trained actors. After clinical case discussion and decision making, the chosen group decision will then be played out in a simulation scenario. The course will use simulation training debrief models to give feedback to participants on their contribution and assist them to learn positively and constructively from the experience.
· improve decision-making skills around the psychiatric admission process across the multi-disciplinary team
· have abetter understanding of the decision making process around risk assessment
· have abetter understanding of the individual biases and systemic factors influencing clinical decisions made
· work more effectively with colleagues from across the multi-disciplinary team when managing acutely unwell patient
· feel more confident in making decisions about the management of acutely unwell patients